Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Coming Together

The song’s been played,

And at the end of the day
All I really want to do is crawl into your embrace.
Exist.
Feel the tenderness there,
Just as those notes made me feel happy and safe.
I want to lie like we did in the newness of Spring-
When all we wanted was everything-
Something-
Anything-
To keep us in that moment.
Your eyes locked on mine.
Your breath on my cheek.
The darkness enveloping us in its quiet cloak.
Soft.
Simple.
Beautiful.
So, so beautiful.
I swear I could’ve lingered there forever.
Days fall off the calendar.
We watch them flutter to the floor-
Each one bringing us closer together.
Miles melting away,
Like mirages on the highway
That we leave in our wake.
I walk around in a glow of emotions,
Of which you are the source of light.
I want to be that source for you-
Quiet your ghosts.
Ease your fears.
Chase your hurt.
And it is the experience of all those feelings-
Constant and vigilant-
That always bring me back to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment