Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This is a first...kind of

Hi everyone (well, I guess at the moment it's just me, but that's okay too). My name is Elizabeth, but I was dubbed Lizz-with two "z" 's-and well, it kinda stuck :) <---Notice that smiley face. This blog is called "Smiley Faces & Random Thoughts" for a reason. I use them a lot. I like to smile and spread the sunshine. I'm just your average 20 something college student. I like to laugh and have a good time, but I take my school work and career goals very seriously. I have written poetry, short stories, and whatever else for as long as I can remember. I dream of writing books. I am working on my first one now and wish I had more time to devote to just tucking away and writing for hours at a time. Yeah-that won't be happening any time soon. I find that I like to take a while in my writing, making everything sound just so; quaint in some way. This is another reason I want to blog again...to remember how it felt to just go where ever the words lead you. There doesn't have to be order. Sometimes writing is just chaotic and emotional and...raw. I have found that some of my best work comes in those forms. So I used to blog all the time when I first graduated from high school. It was fun, and as a lifelong journaler, I was excited to experience a new tech savy way to keep track of my thoughts. Now I realize that the thoughts and feelings of an average teenager aren't exactly on the top of everyone's "Must Read" list. I understand this now. I did not understand it then. I remind myself that keeping a journal, whether it be in a tattered notebook or on my HP; it's for me. Only for me. If people can identify with my thoughts and I make friends along the way that's great (I sure hope to!), but at the end of the day-as long as I am pleased with it and it lightens my emotional burdens...that's all that matters. :) <---there I go again So I think that's a pretty good start. Now to figure out how to share on FB and such!

No comments:

Post a Comment