Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Sacred Bond

A ring,
A vail,
A long white dress,
Butterflies,
Laughter,
And happiness.

A father,
A daughter,
A walk down the aisle.
A bittersweet moment,
A warm, loving smile.

A promise,
A vow,
Words from the heart.
A brand new life
Fixing to start.

Jobs, goals, and bills
Oh my my my...
Before you know it
Five years have gone by.

A love, still new,
Expanding each day.
Learning and growing
Along the way.

A house,
A cat,
A new baby girl.
The best of each other,
She completed their world.
It's been eleven  years now
And life has sure changed,
But they wouldn't change a
Minute of it for anything.

A touch of the hand,
A kiss in the dark,
A deep understanding,
An infinite spark.

Looking back now,
It just doesn't seem
As if twenty-five years
Could have passed between
Our life now-
A dress,
A vail,
And a ring.
__________________________________________________________________

I wrote the above poem for my Aunt and Uncle in celebration of their 25th wedding anniversary. Marriage is one of the most sacred of bonds and I hope God blesses me with the type of marriage they have. <3 Best wishes for another 25 years!





No comments:

Post a Comment