Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The End of the Semester Better Bring A Margarita...or at Least A Parrot's Bay!

     So just a quick blog tonight to check in and say hello! I wish I had the mental or physical strength to actually post something inspiring and worth reading, but I just finished my LAST thesis before Summer break and I really..........don't have it in me tonight.

     On one note, I want to thank all FOUR of my followers :) Some people might laugh at a number so small, but I say...Ya have to start somewhere. My friend Jayne from injayne'sworld only started out with 5 followers and has added many since then. Perhaps you'd like to add yourself to her list? You wouldn't regret it- just visit her blog at http://www.injaynesworld.blogspot.com/ and check her out. Especially if you are having one of *those* days.

     After speaking with a young I love deeply earlier this evening, then settling in to watch Idol Gives Back I leave you with two thoughts:

  1. Love yourself. Plain and simple. NEVER let anyone treat you in a way that makes you feel less of yourself. There will always be someone who revels in your falls. You must find the people who will help you up and smile with you through the good times too. These people will never be the same. Remember this.
  2. We are so blessed to have the things that we have. There are people out there who are in dire need of help and-call me crazy- but I fervently believe we can give that to them. You don't have to donate a dime of your money (although it would help). You could volunteer, or donate food to a food bend. You could help teach a child to read or color a picture with them. The smallest simplest things we do DOES make a difference. WE make a DIFFERENCE. If we so choose to...and I choose to. How about you?
"A journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step."

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the comment love today :) I'm glad I could keep you entertained!

    Oh and by the way, I might totally steal that "This one time at band camp, I met the boy I was going to marry." line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like something from a Romantic Comedy right? hehe :) That's what I was going for at least!

    ReplyDelete