Wednesday, February 22, 2012

As Yet Untitled

There are so many things
I want to say,
But someone smarter and
far more creative
has already penned them and
put them to a melody-
such a haunting little tune.
Meanwhile, I feel robbed of
my experience to create
something meaningful out of
this disaster I'm enduring.
And it's not beautiful.
It's not beautiful or lovely
or any of those other
bull-shit terms people use to
try and create a false juxtaposition
between love and pain.
No- it's not any of those things.
It's heart-wrenching.
It's destruction.
It's the most complete sense of
being broken
that I've experienced.
And I wait for it to
pass me by,
like a stranger in the night,
whose name I used to know,
but somehow can't recall.
It's not you that I yearn to forget.
Never.
It's not the memories that
leave me fractured.
It's the fact that they are
but mere memories-
instead of moments yet to be lived.
And there's a part of me-
yes a part of me-
that would give all of
those memories for a
life-time of happy moments.
With you.
Yes you.
Who else?



No comments:

Post a Comment